Friday, January 13, 2017

Homemade Soup Masala Powder Recipe



I wish to share this precious recipe with you all since I got this recipe from my grand mother's age Old recipe book which my Mom had with her. Wow what a hand writing ... Its like a printed page ... Though the pages were tared here and there, somehow I could collect few pages. 
    As soon as I got this recipe, I tried Mutton soup ... Fantastic taste with aromatic spices blended with homely flavour. This soup recipe is mentioned to prepare only Non - Veg soup. So I tried only with Chicken and Mutton ... It was really good. I didn't get the correct measurements, still I prepared this soup Masala powder with some approximate units with the help of my Mom. If you find anything to be included or excluded please do. The below said Ingredients quantity turned out with nice flavour in my soup preparation. 
The given Ingredients measurements are approximate Only. Alter according to your needs. 

Ingredients:
  1. Coriander seeds - 1 cup
  2. Jeera / Cumin - 2 tbsp
  3. Black Pepper - 2 tbsp
  4. Fennel Seeds - 1 tbsp
  5. Red Chilli - 10 nos (according to size) 
  6. Clove - 6 nos 
  7. Cardamom - 4 or 5 nos 
  8. Cinnamon - 2 to 4 sticks
  9. Methi seeds - 1 tsp
  10. Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
  11. Rice - 1 tbsp
  12. Mace / Jathibathri - 1 spear 
  13. Marati Moggu - 2 nos
  14. Stone Flower / Kalpasi - 4 nos
  15. Nutmeg / jadikai - quarter or half
  16. Bay Leaf - 2 nos
  17. Curry leaves - 4 sprig

Directions to make Soup Masala Powder:

Collect all the Ingredients. First dry roast cinnamon, clove, cardamom, star anise, stone flower, Mace, Marati Moggu, Nutmeg, Bay Leaf separately in a medium flame. Keep it side.

Click the Image and zoom you will get clear stepwise pictures
  

Then dry roast coariander seeds, cumin, fennel, methi, rice, poppy, dry chilli, curry leaves, pepper etc over medium flame with constant stirring to ensure even roasting. Keep it aside.


In a mixer grind the spices which are first roasted and kept. It would have cooled right now. Then followed by next batch of roasted spices. Grind everything to a fine powder and store in an air tight container jar.




I made Mutton soup using this soup Masala powder... Was sooooo Delicious !!!


Notes :

You can increase or decrease the aromatic spices according to your flavour.

3 comments:

  1. Wat is stone flower nd marati moggu??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surely going to try this recipe, thank you for sharing something so close to you. May I please see the page with her handwriting? I am a sucker for old handwritten precious beauties.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...