Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ginger Chutney / Allam Pachadi


First of all I would like to share how I came to know about this Ginger Chutney. We arranged a trip for Tirupathi. There in a restaurant we ordered Pesarattu. I don't have any idea about the side dishes served. I tasted just for the first time ginger chutney. It was an extrodinary taste that I would have never experienced before. I have order another Pesarattu with the only intention of tasting this ginger chutney once more. I couldn't forget that taste anymore. As soon as I reached home, I searched the name of the chutney served to us. I don't know the name for that chutney that time. Finally I found it was a ginger chutney. Immediately I prepared this chutney and tasted. It was mouth watering. This is the story behind the preparation of ginger chutney. Let us see now how to prepare.

Ingredients:
  • Chopped Ginger - 1/2 cup
  • Urad dhal - 1 tbsp
  • Fenugreek - 1 tsp
  • Jeera / cumin - 1tsp
  • Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
  • Red Chilli - 4
  • Hing/Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
  • Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Jaggery - 2 tbsp
  • Tamrind juice - 1/2 cup
  • Mustard - 1/4 tsp
  • Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Salt as per taste

Method:

Click the Image and zoom you will get clear enlarged stepwise pictures


Heat Oil in a pan add mustard to splutter. Then add urad dhal, jeera, fenugreek, chilli, hing. Saute for a minute. Then add chopped ginger, curry leaves and turmeric. saute well, add salt and switch off the stove. Let it get cooled.


Add it to a mixer grinder along with jaggery. Grind open the lid now add tamarind juice. Grind to ta fine paste. Add water if needed. You can also add some more jaggery to it if you find it hot and sour. Also add salt if needed.


Now your tasty Ginger chutney is ready and you can store it upto one month under refrigeration. Serve it for Pesarattu or any type of Dosa and Idly.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...